Info & FAQ
What is an escape room?
Escape room is a real-life escape room game where you have 60 minutes to solve different kind of puzzles and solve the mystery of the room. Can you and your group solve all the puzzles in 60 minutes and Getaway from the room?
Teamwork is really important in escape room games. By co-operating well with your team you have better chances to solve the puzzles and escape from the room. In this game your problem solving, communication and teamwork skills are truly tested.
Escape room game is a break from your everyday life. During the game you won’t be thinking anything else than the puzzles in the room. The game will get you hooked with the sensation of succeeding and focusing on the story and puzzles.
Why choose Getaway?
Getaway room escape is a Tampere-based room escape enterprise. We offer high quality room escape games with intriguing stories. Our atmospheric escape room center in Hämeenlinna is located in the old Häme prison which was build in the year of 1844.
We want to provide our customers an unique experience starting from the first step in our premises. In our rooms we have invested in stories, ambience and atmosphere. Puzzles are carefully designed to be versatile and insightful. Rooms are properly tested before the release.
Our opinion is that successful room escape experience is based on great rooms and first class customer service. That’s why we provide a game director for every group to guarantee satisfaction. Game director will instruct your group before the game, answer any questions in mind and concentrate just in your game. After the game the game master will explain things puzzling your mind and can take a photo of your group.
Above-mentioned might be the reason why the average of our reviews in Google, Facebook and Tripadvisor is 5/5. We hope you’ll let as offer just as good experiences to your group! Book your game now via our booking calendars.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS A CHALLENGE GAME?
- In a Challenge game your team will be divided in two teams. Each team will be play an exactly identical room as the other and therefore the teams can compete against the time and against each other. Viking exhibition room can be played as an challenge game. Challenge game is suitable for groups from 6 to 14 people.
WHAT IS AN CHILDREN’S ESCAPE ROOM?
- Frozen Forest escape room is designed for children aged 7 to 12. The game is designed so that kids are able to solve all the puzzles and play the game without the need for an adult helping them. Our game master supervises the game just outside the room and if needed she can go to the room and give hints or assist with the puzzles. Our game masters also make sure that every group finishes the game and have time to solve all the puzzles.
- Even though the game is design for children aged 7 to 12, players of all ages can play this escape room. Under 7 year olds can play Frozen Forest with and adult. Maximum player amount for Frozen Forest is six (6) players.
HOW MANY ESCAPE ROOMS DOES GETAWAY ROOM ESCAPE HÄMEENLINNA HAVE?
- We have five escape rooms with four different game themes: two Viking Exhibition escape rooms, one Witch brothers escape room, one Knight’s Destiny escape room and one children’s escape room Frozen Forest.
- Read all the stories and get to know our escape rooms here.
HOW MANY PLAYERS DO YOU RECOMMEND PER ROOM?
- We recommend 3-4 players per room to get the best experience possible.
- The maximum group size varies depending on the room you are playing: in Viking Exhibition your group size can be 2 to 7 players, in Witch brothers 2 to 6 players, in Knight’s Destiny 2 to 5 players, and in Frozen Forest 2-6 players.
HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD WE RESERVE FOR OUR VISIT?
- In Getaway Hämeenlinna you have 60 minutes to escape from our escape rooms. For your whole visit you should reserve about 90 minutes. Before the game we will tell you the rules and after the game you can ask some questions and take a few photos.
IS THERE ANY AGE LIMITS?
- Players under 15 years can play Viking Exhibition, Witch brothers and Knight’s Destiny with an adult.
- Children’s escape room Frozen Forest is designed for children aged from 7 to 12. Still players of all ages can play that game. Under 7 year olds can play Frozen Forest with an adult.
HOW WILL WE PAY FOR THE GAME?
- The game will be charged when you arrive our game center.
- Payment methods: Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercard. Edenred, ePassi, and Smartum.
- Unfortunately we don’t accept cash anymore.
IS BILLING POSSIBLE FOR COMPANIES?
- Yes, if agreed beforehand. Invoice can be provided as an e-invoice or PDF to email. For billing we’ll need company name, business identity code, billing address and possible index number. Invoice will be sent after the game according to actual number of players. We will add an 6€ billing fee to the invoice.
CAN I USE A GETAWAY TAMPERE GIFT CARD FOR GETAWAY HÄMEENLINNA ESCAPE ROOMS?
- Yes, you can use all our gift cards both in Hämeenlinna and in Tampere. So if you would like to use a Getaway Tampere gift card at Getaway Hämeenlinna that is alright.
- You can buy escape room gift cards here.
CAN YOU BRING ALCOHOL?
- Room escape game is often a part of friends get-togethers and so is a couple of beers. We don’t have zero tolerance with alcohol but the game is much more harder when you are a little bit tipsy. If people are too wasted we don’t let them into the game rooms for the sake of the safety of our rooms and players. It’s also prohibited to take any drinks with you in the room.
How to play
Arrive 15 minutes before the game starts – bigger groups can arrive 20 minutes before the game time. Before the game we’ll go through the rules and instructions with you. Please arrive on time and with your whole team – if you are late we unfortunately have to take the time from your game time so next groups can get to their games on time.
You will enter the room without shoes. All personal belongings will be held outside the game room. We have locked space for your stuff. Rooms provide everything you might need to escape and the game doesn’t require general knowledge.
In the room you will have 60-90 minutes (depending on the room you’re playing) to escape. Game doesn’t require physical strength or agility but cleverness and group skills will be tested. You will have your game director monitoring you through cameras during the game and giving you clues to proceed if needed.
After the game your game director will answer any question in mind and take a few pictures of your group as a souvenir and for social media if wanted. We also would gladly hear feedback about the experience.
- Please do not climb. Everything you need will be found within reach.
- There’s no need to move any large furnitures. There’s nothing to be found underneath or behind them.
- Do not use force. Room escape is solely a brain game.
- Please leave your phone outside the room – you won’t need it. Everything required will be found in the room.
- It is prohibited to take pictures in the escape rooms.
- Do not touch any plugs.
- We’ve marked the things you don’t need to touch (i.e. plugs, electrical cables etc) with a red electrical tape.
- It’s important to search the room completely and carefully to find everything you will need to proceed in the game.
- The most important thing is to communicate with your team members. Speak out: what you’ve found or noticed, how you think you could combine things, what you think is the answer etc. The key to escape is teamwork. If something won’t be solved immediately don’t be discouraged: ask your team members for help and think it through together.
- Try everything, be open-minded – there’s no dumb ideas!
- Combine! If something won’t work out immediately, it’s not necessarily useless. It could be useful a bit later.
- One key always opens only one lock but some tools might be useful multiple times.
- There’s a logic behind every problem – nothing is left for guessing.
- You may freely move all the items in the room. It doesn’t matter where the items were when you found them.