What is room escape?
Room escape is a real-life escape room game where your group has 60 minutes to solve different kind of puzzles and the mystery behind the rooms story. Can you and your group solve all the puzzles in 60 minutes and get away?
Teamwork is really important in room escape games. By co-operating well with your team you have a better chance to solve the puzzles and escape from the room. In this game your problem solving, communication and teamwork skills are truly tested.
Room escape game is a break from your everyday life. During the game you won’t be thinking anything else than the problems in the room. The game will get you hooked with the sensation of succeeding and focusing on the story and puzzles.
Getaway room escape Tampere offers Tampere-themed room escape games for people and businesses as well as bigger groups in the heart of Tampere city. We have six game rooms with four different themes, so our game center facilitates up to 36 players simultaneously. That’s why our room escape games are a great activity for bigger groups as well! So all bigger groups – bachelor parties, birthday parties, workplace kick-offs you name it – are welcome to play our rooms!
We want to provide our customers an unique experience starting from the first step in our premises. In our rooms we have invested in stories, ambience and atmosphere. Puzzles and problems are carefully designed to be versatile and insightful. Rooms are properly tested before the release.
Our opinion is that successful room escape experience is based on the great rooms and first class customer service. That’s why we provide a game director for every group to guarantee the best game experience possible. The Game director will instruct your group before the game, answer any questions in mind, concentrate in your game and after the game explain things puzzling your mind and take a photo of your group if you like.
Above-mentioned might be the reason we are ranked as the best place to go in Tampere on TripAdvisor in category of Fun and games. In addition we have earned 4,9/5 stars in Facebook with over 220 reviews. Playing escape games in Getaway Tampere is a great deal of fun – we guarantee you will have an experience you won’t easily forget!
FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a challenge game?
- In a Challenge game your team will be divided in two teams. Each team will be put in two identical rooms in which your teams can compete against time as well as the other team. Challenge game can be played in Manserock or Idman’s Hideaway rooms. Challenge game is suitable for groups from 4 to 12 people.
How many game rooms there is in Getaway room escape Tampere?
- We have total of 6 rooms with 4 different themes.
How many players do you recommend?
- Team size for one room can be 2-6 players but we recommend 3-4 players to get the best experience possible.
- We have six rooms in total so the maximum amount of players we can facilitate simultaneously is 36. If you have more than 36 persons in your group, contact us and we’ll plan the game schedules suitable for your group.
How much time should we reserve for our visit?
- In Getaway Room Escape you have 60 minutes to escape from the game room but you should reserve about 1 hour and 30 minutes for your visit. Before the game we will tell you the rules and after the game you can ask some questions and take a few photos.
How will we pay for the game?
- The payment will be charged before the game
- Payment methods: Cash, Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercard.
- Tyky-payments, Ticket- ja Virike-products, Smartum-products (except Liikuntaseteli) and ePassi.
Is billing possible for companies?
- Yes, if agreed beforehand. Invoice can be provided as an e-invoice, PDF or by mail. For billing we’ll need company name, business identity code, billing address and possible index number. Invoice will be sent after the game according to the actual number of players.
Is there age limits?
- There’s age limit of 15 years in our Manserock room due to humor and props for more mature taste. Kids can play all our rooms with an adult. Idman’s Hideaway has been very liked amongst youngsters and it’s good for family games with kids.
Can you bring alcohol?
- Room escape game is often a part of friends get-togethers and so is a couple of beers. We don´t have zero tolerance with alcohol but the game is much more harder when you are a little bit tipsy. If people are too wasted we don´t let them into the game rooms. For the sake of the safety of our rooms and players. Keep in mind that you can not take any beverages to the game room.
How to play
BEFORE THE GAME
Arrive at least 15 minutes before the game starts – bigger groups preferably even earlier. Before the game we’ll go through the rules and there’s still time to use the toilet if needed. Please arrive on time – If you are late we unfortunately have to take the time from your game time so next groups can get to their games on time.
ON THE SPOT
You will enter the room without shoes. All personal belongings will be held outside the game room. We have locked space for your stuff. Rooms provide everything you might need to escape and the game doesn’t require general knowledge.
In the room you will have 60 minutes to escape. It can be done as a group solving different kind of puzzles and problems. Game doesn’t require physical strength or agility but cleverness and group skills will be tested. You will have your game director monitoring you through cameras during the game and giving you clues to proceed if needed.
After the game your game director will answer to any question on mind and take a few pictures of your group as a souvenir and for social media if wanted. We also would gladly hear feedback about the experience to continuously improve the game and our actions.
- Please do not climb. Everything you need will be found within reach.
- There’s no need to move any large furnitures. There’s nothing to be found underneath or behind them.
- Do not use force. Room escape is solely a brain game.
- Please leave your phone outside the room – you won’t need it. Everything required will be found in the room.
- It is prohibited to take pictures in the escape rooms.
- Do not touch any plugs.
- We’ve marked the things you don’t need to touch (i.e. plugs, electrical cables etc) with a red electrical tape.
- It’s important to search the room completely and carefully to find everything you will need to proceed in the game.
- The most important thing is to communicate with your team members. Speak out: what you’ve found or noticed, how you think you could combine things, what you think is the answer etc. The key to escape is teamwork. If something won’t be solved immediately don’t be discouraged: ask your team members for help and think it through together.
- Try everything, be open-minded – there’s no dumb ideas!
- Combine! If something won’t work out immediately, it’s not necessarily useless. It could be useful a bit later.
- One key always opens only one lock but some tools might be useful multiple times.
- There’s a logic behind every problem – nothing is left for guessing.
- You may freely move all the items in the room. It doesn’t matter where the items were when you found them.