What is room escape?
Room escape is a real-life escape room game where your group has 60-90 minutes (depending on the game you’re playing) to solve different kind of puzzles and the mystery behind the rooms story. Can you and your group solve all the puzzles and get away before the time runs out?
Teamwork is really important in room escape games. By co-operating well with your team you have a better chance to solve the puzzles and escape from the room. In this game your problem solving, communication and teamwork skills are truly tested.
Room escape game is a great break from your everyday life. During the game you won’t be thinking anything else than the problems in the room. The game will get you hooked with the sensation of succeeding and focusing on the story and puzzles.
At Getaway room escape Tampere we offer Tampere-themed room escape games for all kinds of players: if you are a first-timer or an escape room enthusiast and whether you’re playing with your colleagues, friends or with your kids, we have a game for you!
At our Åkerlundinkatu game center we have six game rooms with four different themes, so our game center facilitates up to 36 players simultaneously. So all bigger groups – bachelor parties, birthday parties, workplace kick-offs – are welcome to play our rooms! At our Satamakatu game center, which opened in the beginning of 2021, you’ll find our newest escape room, The Star of the Theater, which is our first 90 minute escape game.
We want to provide our customers a unique experience. While building our games we have invested in stories, ambience and atmosphere. Puzzles are carefully designed to be versatile and insightful and the escape rooms are properly tested before the release.
We think that a successful room escape experience is based on both great rooms and first class customer service. So to guarantee the best game experience possible, we provide every group their own game director. The Game director will instruct your group before the game, answer any questions in mind, concentrate in your game, after the game explain things puzzling your mind and will take a photo of your group if you like.
Above-mentioned might be the reason we are ranked as the best place to go in Tampere on TripAdvisors category Fun and games. In addition we have earned 4,9/5 stars in Facebook with over 220 reviews. Playing escape games in Getaway Tampere is a great deal of fun – we guarantee you will have an experience you won’t easily forget!
FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a challenge game?
- In a Challenge game your team will be divided in two teams. Each team will be put in two identical rooms in which your teams can compete against time as well as the other team. Challenge game can be played in Manserock or Idman’s Hideaway rooms. Challenge game is suitable for groups from 4 to 12 people.
How many escape rooms Getaway room escape Tampere has?
- At our Åkerlundinkatu game center we have a total of 6 rooms with 4 different themes.
- At our Satamakatu game center we have one 90 minute escape room.
How many players can play one room?
- Team size for one room can be from 2 to 6 players but we recommend 3 to 4 players per room.
- At our Åkerlundinkatu game center we have six rooms in total so the maximum amount of players we can facilitate simultaneously is 36. If you have more than 36 persons in your group, contact us and we’ll plan the game schedules suitable for your group.
- At our Satamakatu game center the maximum number of players is 6
How much time should we reserve for our visit?
- At our Åkerlundinkatu escape rooms you’ll have 60 minutes to escape from the room but you should reserve about 1 hour and 30 minutes for your visit. Arrive 15 minutes before your reserved game time, because we will give you the game instructions then. After the game you can ask some questions and take a few photos.
- At our Satamakatu escape room you’ll have 90 minutes to escape. So reserve 2h for your visit.
How will we pay for the game?
- The game will be charged before playing.
- Payment methods: Cash, Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercard, Ticket- and Virike-products, Smartum-products (except Liikuntaseteli), Eazybreak and ePassi.
Is billing possible for companies?
- Yes, if agreed beforehand. Invoice can be provided as an e-invoice, PDF or by mail. For billing we’ll need company name, business identity code, billing address and possible index number. Invoice will be sent after the game according to the actual number of players.
Is there age limits?
- There’s age limit of 15 years in our Manserock room due to humor and props for more mature taste. Kids can play all our rooms with an adult. Idman’s Hideaway has been very liked amongst youngsters and it’s good for family games with kids.
Can you bring alcohol?
- Room escape game is often a part of friends get-togethers and so is a couple of beers. We don´t have zero tolerance with alcohol but the game is much more harder when you are a little bit tipsy. If people are too wasted we don´t let them into the game rooms. For the sake of the safety of our rooms and players. Keep in mind that you can not take any beverages to the game room.
How to play
BEFORE THE GAME
Arrive 15 minutes before the game starts – bigger groups can arrive 20 minutes before the game time. Before the game we’ll go through the rules and instructions with you. Please arrive on time and with your whole team – if you are late we unfortunately have to take the time from your game time so next groups can get to their games on time.
ON THE SPOT
You will enter the room without shoes. All personal belongings will be held outside the game room. We have locked space for your stuff. Rooms provide everything you might need to escape and the game doesn’t require general knowledge.
In the room you will have 60-90 minutes (depending on the room you’re playing) to escape. Game doesn’t require physical strength or agility but cleverness and group skills will be tested. You will have your game director monitoring you through cameras during the game and giving you clues to proceed if needed.
After the game your game director will answer any question in mind and take a few pictures of your group as a souvenir and for social media if wanted. We also would gladly hear feedback about the experience.
- Please do not climb. Everything you need will be found within reach.
- Do not use force. Room escape is solely a brain game.
- Please leave your phone outside the room – you won’t need it. It’s also prohibited to take pictures in the escape rooms.
- It’s important to search the room completely and carefully to find everything you need to proceed in the game.
- Most importantly, communicate with your team members. Speak out: what you’ve found or noticed, how you think you could combine things, what you think is the answer etc. The key to escape is teamwork.
- One key always opens only one lock but some tools might be useful multiple times.
- There’s a logic behind every problem – nothing is left for guessing.
- You may freely move all the items in the room. It doesn’t matter where the items were when you found them.