What is room escape?
Room escape is a real-life escape room game where people get locked up in our game room. There they have 60 minutes to solve different kind of puzzles and escape from the room. Can you and your group solve the mysteries in 60 minutes and get away from the room?
Teamwork is really important in room escape games. By co-operating well with your team you have better chances to solve the puzzles and escape from the room. In this game your problem solving, communication and teamwork skills are truly tested.
Room escape game is a break from your everyday life. During the game you won’t be thinking anything else than the problems in the room. The game will get you hooked with the sensation of succeeding and focusing on the story and puzzles.
Getaway room escape Tampere is company from Tampere which offers Tampere themed room escape games for people and businesses as well as bigger groups. Room escape games are also offers a great deal of fun to different kind of parties for example; birthdays or bachelor parties. We offer room escape experiences that will last in your memories for a long time. There can be even 36 players simultaneously in our escape rooms so this is suitable fun for bigger groups as well.
We want to provide our customers an unique experience starting from the first step in our premises. In our rooms we have invested in stories, ambience and atmosphere. Puzzles and problems are carefully designed to be versatile and insightful. Rooms are properly tested before the release.
Our opinion is that successful room escape experience is based on the great rooms and first class customer service. That’s why we provide a game director for every group to guarantee your satisfaction. Game director will instruct your group before the game, answers any questions in mind, concentrates just in your game and after the game explains things puzzling your mind and takes a photo of your group.
Above-mentioned might be the reason we are ranked as the best place to go in Tampere on TripAdvisor in category of Fun and games. In addition we have earned 4,9/5 stars in Facebook with over 170 reviews. Playing escape games in Getaway Tampere is great deal of fun with any group with lots of brainstorming and puzzles. It will leave you something to talk about for a long time.
FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a challenge game?
- In a Challenge game your team will be divided in two teams. Each team will be put in two identical rooms in which your teams can compete against time as well as the other team. Challenge game can be played in Manserock or Idman’s Hideaway rooms. Challenge game is suitable for groups from 4 to 12 people.
How many game rooms there is in Getaway room escape Tampere?
- We have total of 6 rooms with 4 different themes.
How many players do you recommend?
- Team size can be 2-6 players but we recommend 3-4 players to get the best experience possible.
- There can be 6 groups playing simultaneously which means 36 people trying to escape at the same time. Bigger groups than this can book our premises just for them and we can plan the schedule to suit for your needs.
How much time should we reserve for our visit?
- In Getaway room escape game you have 60 minutes to escape from the game room but you should reserve about 1 hour and 30 minutes for your visit. Before the game we will tell you the rules and after the game you can ask some questions and take a few photos.
How will we pay for the game?
- Game will be charged before the game
- Payment methods: Cash, Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercard.
- Tyky-payments, Ticket- ja Virike-products, Smartum-products (except Liikuntaseteli) and ePassi.
Is billing possible for companies?
- Yes, if agreed beforehand. Invoice can be provided as an e-invoice, PDF or by mail. For billing we’ll need company name, business identity code, billing address and possible index number. Invoice will be sent after the game according to actualized player amount.
Is there age limits?
- Players under 15 years can play Idman’s Hideaway with adults. It has been very liked amongst youngsters. There’s age limit of 15 years in our Manserock room due to humor and props for more mature taste.
Can you bring alcohol?
- Room escape game is often a part of friends get-togethers and so is a couple of beers. We don´t have zero tolerance with alcohol but the game is much more harder when you are a little bit tipsy. If people are too wasted we don´t let them into the game rooms. For the sake of the safety of our rooms and players.
How to play
BEFORE THE GAME
Arrive at least 15 minutes before the game starts – bigger groups preferably even earlier. Before the game we’ll go through the rules and there’s still time to use the toilet if needed. Please arrive on time – If you are late we unfortunately have to take the time from your game time so next groups can get to their games on time.
ON THE SPOT
You will enter the room without shoes. All personal belongings will be held outside the game room. We have locked space for your stuff. Rooms provide everything you might need to escape and the game doesn’t require general knowledge.
In the room you will have 60 minutes to escape. It can be done as a group solving different kind of puzzles and problems. Game doesn’t require physical strength or agility but cleverness and group skills will be tested. You will have your game director monitoring you through cameras during the game and giving you clues to proceed if needed.
After the game your game director will answer to any question on mind and take a few pictures of your group as a souvenir and for social media if wanted. We also would gladly hear feedback about the experience to continuously improve the game and our actions.
- Please do not climb. Everything you need will be found within reach.
- There’s no need to move any large furnitures. There’s nothing to be found underneath or behind them.
- Do not use force. Room escape is solely a brain game.
- Please leave your phone outside the room – you won’t need it. Everything required will be found in the room.
- It is prohibited to take pictures in the escape rooms.
- Do not touch any plugs.
- We’ve marked the things you don’t need to touch (i.e. plugs, electrical cables etc) with a red electrical tape.
- It’s important to search the room completely and carefully to find everything you will need to proceed in the game.
- The most important thing is to communicate with your team members. Speak out: what you’ve found or noticed, how you think you could combine things, what you think is the answer etc. The key to escape is teamwork. If something won’t be solved immediately don’t be discouraged: ask your team members for help and think it through together.
- Try everything, be open-minded – there’s no dumb ideas!
- Combine! If something won’t work out immediately, it’s not necessarily useless. It could be useful a bit later.
- One key always opens only one lock but some tools might be useful multiple times.
- There’s a logic behind every problem – nothing is left for guessing.
- You may freely move all the items in the room. It doesn’t matter where the items were when you found them.